Sunday, September 23, 2007

Prayer Requests

I believe in the power and promise of prayer. I believe that God hears our prayers and answers every one of them. He doesn't always give me the answers that I anticipated and certainly works in His own time, but He is faithful in answering them. This weekend, I've been struggling with some things -- trying to understand why the Lord has allowed some things. I know that He allows things for a purpose, that He has a plan, and I serve a sovereign God. However, I'm human and sometimes it's hard to swallow the rough times.

Please join me in praying for:

My brother, Tim, who was in an accident and is recovering in a hospital in Columbus, Ohio. I haven't been able to talk to him yet because my mom said he is in so much pain that he doesn't want to talk on the phone. My brother has already been through so much, too much, with physical and other life problems. Please pray for him.

My feet. I had to have more cortisone shots in my feet recently. I have developed plantars faciitis in both feet and it is extremely painful. I've been dealing with this for about a year and a half and I think the time has come to consider surgery. Ugh.

One of my students, that will have to remain unnamed for obvious reasons. Tuesday marks the one year anniversary of her grandmother's passing and she is a very brave, yet very sad teenager.

It seems to be the season for broken relationships. *sigh* I have several friends and one close family member that are going through difficult times right now in their marriages. I pray that they will find a peaceful place to be - but more importantly that they will live in God's will for their lives.

I also have praises for this week. Let's give God all of the glory!!!!!!!!

I lost 5 1/2 pounds this week. Not an easy task.

Yesterday, was a wonderful day spent with friends and family just scrapbooking, cardmaking, and chatting. A surprise shower that I threw for my friend Veronica was a huge success.

I'm grateful for so many things -- my husband and our happy marriage at the top of the list!

If you have a prayer request, please let me know.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Five and a half pounds! Rebecki, that is astounding!!!!! That's a lot of nachos!

Prayers for your loved brother Tim. May his doctors help assist in the healing and pain that he is having to endure right now.

Prayers for the healing of your situation with your feet. I thought that I had PF, but it turned out that I had extreme knots in the muscles in the backs of my legs---it is excruciating. Please take care of yourself and let us know how it's progressing.

Prayers for your young student who is walking through this 1 year anniversary of her grandmother's passing. You are good to help her process this.

And prayers for you, for strength, and to know that you are loved and appreciated.

cfrasht said...

Hey everybody, I'm now home (I'm the brother who had the wreck) and beck's got more than one sibling with relationship issues. I'd rather get prayers in that area of my life, but I'll take what you'll give. I think my chest hurts more and more everyday.