Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why Do I Always Find Myself In Wally World?

I'm always saying that I hate Wal-Mart. Why? Oh, well, let's see...... I claim that I hate parking a mile away, battling the crowds, standing in the long lines, and listening to the screaming babies. Is it just me, or is there always a screaming baby at Wal-Mart?

Wal-Mart doesn't double coupons and that STINKS.

However, I had to admit something to myself today. I go to Wal-Mart all of the time. *hangs head in dissapointment. I went there today to drop off a prescription and check out the Strawberry Shortcake doll inventory. I was there Monday to buy fruit. Brian and I stopped in on Saturday to price computers. Ah-hah! The el cheapo prices........that is my inevitable reason for returning to the abyss of Wally World. Can it be avoided? Especially by a frugal franny like myself?

Currently, a brand new Wal-Mart is being constructed literraly 1 tenth (.1) of a mile away from my home. I could walk there if I wanted. How frequently will I visit the retail giant then?

Why, oh why aren't they building the greatest store on Earth just a stone throws away? Which store is that, you're wondering????? Well, the Dollar Tree, of course!

6 comments:

pumpkinpatch said...

You know what "bites" about Wal-mart? You can visit the one in M'burg and pay over $1 for the same loaf of bread that you get for 57 cents in Hagerstown. Explain that! I will prob. still go to the one in Hagerstown for the main shopping as the prices are lower AND the sales tax is lower. FYI, it's not an extra trip over there as I do my shopping on my way home from class at Tri-State Fellowship on Rt. 58 (a stone's throw from Wal-mart)

Rebecha said...

Michele - Do you have a blogger account?

Unknown said...

I wonder the same thing about myself, lady!

pumpkinpatch said...

Becky, no not yet. . .I'll prob start one up with my gmail account. Just saw that I can do that today. I'll try to work on it tomorrow and then let you know when it's up. Depends on my lil one and how he cooperates tomorrow. :)

Unknown said...

I hate WalMart, I won't shop there. I hope you can break your habit if you really don't like it. I am so glad I never have to set foot in there again.

cfrasht said...

Just wanted to leave my mark here to show I did take a little time nosing around. It has been my experience that Walmart is usually the quickest way to go get everything I need and I would pay double if I went to a specialty retail store for each type of product I was looking for. Think of the things I buy. I can go in the door, grab a buggy throw my water bottles in, head for the 3 gal refill, grab some diet lipton tea, maybe some fruit, swing by the shoes on the way to sporting goods, get whatever I need to service my truck, maybe buy some light bulbs, go through outdoor/lawn stuff, grab some pens or notebooks for work and checkout. Don't forget the less priveleged that they give jobs to that means it is one person less that is getting my tax dollars for mistakes I've never made (VERY BIG ISSUE FOR ME).