Saturday, October 6, 2007

Yard Sale Violations!

I woke up this morning with my usual Saturday yard sale excitement. After my extremely large Strawberry Shortcake finds last week, I wasn't feeling optimistic about finding any of that sweet girl, but I was hoping to find some resell items for Ebay and maybe some rubber stamps.

What a bust!

I visited about twelve sales today. The first two were in my neighborhood. The first one did have a cute little NWT baby boy outfit that I picked up to donate to the Crisis Pregnancy Center. The second one hit on one of my biggest yard sale pet peeves. Nothing, and I mean nothing was priced. Violation! If I could write Violations and assess fines for such yard sale sins, I would. I did purchase two new SSC books there for 25 cents each. They had several Fisher Price Little People sets that I might have been able to put up on the 'Bay, but alas, no prices and I didn't have time to keep asking. There was also a small child there that kept following me around and annoying me to death. Another Violation! The next nine or so yard sales I visited were overpriced, nonpriced, smelled like smoke and/or cat pee, or were generally full of nothing useful. Violations all over the place!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Can you believe that??! And who in their right mind would want people to ask them a million questions?

I guess that it's laziness or hoping to get an interested buyer, and be able to arbitrarily tell them whatever price that they felt that the shopper would pay. lol

And why is it that so many people have items that smell like smoke or cat pee? I can attest to the fact that I don't own one thing matching that description, but some people have a yard full. lol