Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bargain Shopping and Yard Sales

Today, I went to a few yard sales, but after 30 miles, five sales, and only one purchase - I headed for my favorite bargain shopping spots. At the yard sales, I only purchased a Strawberry Shortcake First Adventures DVD. At the Goodwill, I found a three piece suit ($9)and a trendy Lane Bryant shirt ($3). Wah - hoo! At Big Lots, I purchased an awesome necklace for $5. I hit the sale racks at the Bon Ton, but came up empty handed. I did check out the really cute cropped jackets there, but forgot my 20% off coupon, so didn't buy anything. I am tired of dressing like an old, fat, school marm. I'm hoping to buy some trendier clothes this fall season. However, I don't want to break the bank getting there. I've lost between 15 and 18 pounds in the last few weeks and I wanted to reward myself with a couple new pieces of clothing. I found a website called Avenue here: http://www.avenue.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Home?storeId=326&langId=-1 I really like the styles there and so far I've been impressed with the online coupons they've mailed me. Has anyone out there ever ordered from Avenue?
I also went to the grocery store today. The weather is just way too perfect to stay inside. I stocked up on fruits, veggies, yogurt, and so on. Now I think I'm going to sweep the front porch and play in my flower beds.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds fun Becky! I'll be so sad when the yard sales are gone. :( The boys and I hit up some yard sales on Friday. I got a few small things for the boys, and I got a HUGE bookcase that we really needed for only $5. They were moving and were practically giving perfect things away! Then yesterday I stopped at one on the way home and got Jamie a pair of Tommy sweats with the tags still on, myself a silk robe, a pair of satin pjs, and 2 pairs of jeans for only $4! YAY! :)