Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Season of Thanks


I have so much to be thankful for. The Lord continues to bless my life with precious experiences, people, and opportunities.

This Thanksgiving, I'm most grateful for:

1. My husband, Brian, and our marriage. I fall more and more in love with him everyday. When I don't think it's possible to love him even more, God reveals to me something else about him that is endearing. Brian is my best friend.

2. My mom. She's always there for me when I need advice or just someone to listen. She gets me - really gets me. She understands that when I am having one of my emotional meltdowns that it is best to walk away and leave me alone for a bit. She understands that I cry easily and that I wear my heart on my sleeve and she's never made me feel bad about being that way. My mom has always been my biggest cheerleader. She's always believed in me and my goals.

3. My other family members. No family is perfect - mine is no exception. We have our fair share of dysfunction. However, I'm grateful to have a family. I know people who don't have any family at all and might be celebrating Thanksgiving all alone.

4. Last, but certainly not least, I'm thankful for my friends. I have some incredibly wonderful friends that I know I could call any time day or night and they would be there for me.

Take some time to thank God this Thanksgiving...... not only for the turkey, but for all of the non material joys in your life that can't be bought.

No comments: