Saturday, June 13, 2009

Do Not Be Afraid....



This is a card for someone who recently suffered a house fire. I've been there, and done that, so I know that there really aren't the "right words" to say, but it's very comforting when people take the time to extend their thoughts of concern. Since the card is for a man, I tried to use masculine colors and patterned paper. Hence, I thought the hemp twine was more fitting than ribbon. The sketch was inspired by the Challenge # 119 over at Card Positioning Systems. I really like long cards because you have so much more room to work with verses a standard sized card. Thanks for stopping by my blog. (I'll be posting recent Garage Sale Hauls soon!)

Supplies: Black Cardstock and Patterned Paper: DCWV, Vellum Verse: Creative Memories, Hemp Twine: Stampin' Up!, Buttons: Making Memories, Pop Dots; Dollar Tree, Black Diamond Stickles; Ranger, Vellum Glue Dots and Glue Lines.
Love and a Hug,

No comments: